You may have heard the term “SD-WAN” being thrown about lately.
SD-WAN is an emerging technology. It makes sense that there are a lot of myths it. Want to know the truth about SD-WAN?
Myth #1: SD-WAN is the same as WAN optimization
WAN optimization and SD-WAN both reduce bandwidth use. But SD-WAN provides solutions that meet or exceed those offered by traditional WAN technologies:
· Connectivity to other cloud based solutions
· Dynamic bandwidth
· Application acceleration and optimization
· Support whenever you need it
Myth #2: SD-WAN will replace Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS)
SD-WAN allows companies to utilize multiple internet circuits, balance the load across them, and provides a solid quality of experience.
SD-WAN will reduce reliance on private MPLS links, but not replace it. As long as quality of service is needed, MPLS will be needed.
Myth #3: The only benefit compared to MPLS is cost
Yes, there are cost effective upgrades when choosing SD-WAN. But the benefits of SD-WAN are far greater:
· Best overall value and functionality
· Agility and speed when adding locations
· Simplification of operations
· Redundancy, scalability and fault tolerance
· Quality of experience for critical applications
SD-WAN will open a whole new set of opportunities for your company. It is already a game changer for several of our clients and partners.